CLOSED - World of Warcraft 13th Anniversary Art Contest

Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#1 - Nov. 20, 2017, 8:20 p.m.
Blizzard Post
It’s been 13 epic years since the World of Warcraft opened its doors to millions of heroes! To commemorate the occasion, we’re asking you to bring forth your talents to capture your favorite, themes, places, or moments from World of Warcraft.

Let the very spirit of Azeroth herself inspire your creativity to create a piece of artwork using pens, pencil, paints, or your favorite art program. You could win one of the following items:

First Place: Illidan Statue, choice of one (1) Elekk plushie or one (1) Raptor Plushie, and one (1) World of Warcraft Classic Hoodie in the winner’s size.

Runner-Ups: Ten qualified entrants will be chosen to receive a choice of one (1) Elekk plushie or one (1) Raptor Plushie, and one (1) World of Warcraft Classic Hoodie in the winner’s size.

Entries can be submitted during the period of November 16 through November 30, 2017 to communitycontestsna@blizzard.com. Each submission must be a high-resolution JPEG file of no more than 5MB in size to be considered for the contest. A submission must be your original work, and cannot include, in whole or part, any previously created work.

The full rules can be found here.

Good luck!
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#5 - Nov. 20, 2017, 11:05 p.m.
Blizzard Post
11/20/2017 01:31 PMPosted by Valentiná
11/20/2017 12:20 PMPosted by Ornyx
A submission must be your original work, and cannot include, in whole or part, any previously created work.

Does this include any posted WIP progress shots of a piece made during the event period? For example, I have a piece I am working on but am not sure if it is alright to have posted a preview of the unfinished artwork, but I posted the preview and started the piece after November 16th.
I think if it falls within the contest window, which started 11/16, then it's fine to submit. :)
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#9 - Nov. 21, 2017, 6:46 p.m.
Blizzard Post
11/20/2017 08:31 PMPosted by Ðemonseed
11/20/2017 12:20 PMPosted by Ornyx
It’s been 13 epic years since the World of Warcraft opened its doors to millions of heroes! To commemorate the occasion, we’re asking you to bring forth your talents to capture your favorite, themes, places, or moments from World of Warcraft.

Let the very spirit of Azeroth herself inspire your creativity to create a piece of artwork using pens, pencil, paints, or your favorite art program. You could win one of the following items:

First Place: Illidan Statue, choice of one (1) Elekk plushie or one (1) Raptor Plushie, and one (1) World of Warcraft Classic Hoodie in the winner’s size.

Runner-Ups: Ten qualified entrants will be chosen to receive a choice of one (1) Elekk plushie or one (1) Raptor Plushie, and one (1) World of Warcraft Classic Hoodie in the winner’s size.

Entries can be submitted during the period of November 16 through November 30, 2017 to communitycontestsna@blizzard.com. Each submission must be a high-resolution JPEG file of no more than 5MB in size to be considered for the contest. A submission must be your original work, and cannot include, in whole or part, any previously created work.

Happy 13th WoWniversary. LOL

Hey Ornyx?

What happened to the results of the last comp that was posted about on the forum, oh a month or two back?

Are you lot still reviewing the entries?

I didn't submit as I am no artist but I like to admire art. Just wondering if I missed the results on that one?

Cheers. =)
Winners have already been contacted, yep! We're just waiting on a good time to get the winner's blog out, but it should be in the next week or two.

The holiday this week has slowed us down just a tad. :)
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#14 - Dec. 1, 2017, 9:27 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Thanks for all the entries guys - we learned a lot with the shorter duration of this contest, and we look forward to more contests in 2018!

We're sorting through the winners now, and hope to have these announced before the holidays.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#16 - Dec. 14, 2017, 9:10 p.m.
Blizzard Post
12/04/2017 12:55 PMPosted by Valentiná
Are we allowed to post our pieces on our social media before the contest results are announced? Probably a dumb question but just want to double-check
Yep!

--

We just notified the winners via email as well - so please make sure to check the email your submitted your entries from!