Blizz Monitored Survey TAMPERED

#1 - Nov. 15, 2017, 5:20 p.m.
Blizzard Post
11/14/2017 10:29 PMPosted by Wlv
Survey:
https://goo.gl/forms/rOHYFFp6i74a8or13

Proof of Blizzard monitoring it:

https://www.reddit.com/r/classicwow/comments/7d1bea/the_ultimate_wow_classic_design_survey_help/dpuaid2/

So by now everyone has probably seen or voted in the "Blizz Monitored Survey" (see above).

Some of the questions are worded very poorly (which I'll get into down below), but even more concerning is the fact that I've found this poll re-posted on many Non-Classic/Legacy boards -- including r/wow which has a VERY Anti-Legacy bias.

Due to the huge saturation of players who aren't even interested in Legacy voting on this poll, it's safe to say that the results are pretty much meaningless.

Not to mention CLASS BALANCE. Something that even the Blizzard Devs acknowledged last night that the majority of us are AGAINST. Is coming up ~50/50%.

But look at the question itself!
Would you like to see Blizzard periodically balance classes in the future?

To me this reads as "Would you like to see Blizzard balance classes periodically, as they were balanced from Patch 1.1 to 1.12" -- because Balancing Changes DID happen in Vanilla, which most of us are OK with. What we are against are NON-VANILLA class-balance changes, like making Prot Paladins Main Tanks.

A better question would have been:

"Would you like to see Blizzard re-balance classes further? (This was not a part of Vanilla)"

Several other "Non Vanilla Changes" are winning in the poll as well.

Between the poorly worded questions, and this poll being shared like wildfire on Anti-Classic Boards, nobody should pay it any attention.

EDIT: The poll was closed eventually due to the invalidated results.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#105 - Nov. 15, 2017, 7:31 p.m.
Blizzard Post
If you feel that question has tampered the data, feel free to make your own survey and distribute it with better wording, your own questions, etc. If you reply with it here, I'll make sure I look at it as well.

I do agree the original survey asked questions that probably won't even be on the table - but that remains to be seen.

Note: These are by no means being used as an official way to inform official decisions at this time, but it's all still good feedback from the audience that these are reaching. We'll be sure to push the findings to the development team when the time comes.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#142 - Nov. 15, 2017, 8:05 p.m.
Blizzard Post
11/15/2017 12:02 PMPosted by Alecticia
<span class="truncated">...</span>
Why not make polls that require a Blizzard account to vote on if you want that kind of data? I thought CMs were suppose to be the ones trying to gather community opinions not random reddit polls.

Because Blizz isn't even at the point of being ready for that yet, but rather then ignore feedback they are getting all the can so they can hand it all to the classic team when they're ready for it.
*ding, ding, ding*

Looks like we have a winner, folks!