The Discussion for Ythisens and Ornyx

#1 - Nov. 15, 2017, 4:40 a.m.
Blizzard Post
In response to your blue posts.

I believe you are absolutely correct that it is important to have the discussion of class balance, and QoL. You drew a correct conclusion that more Classic players desire no changes, and a more pure 1.1 server. I really hope the developing Classic dev team understands this, because that is your majority, and base of players who will stay for the long term. Not all, but most of those who want QoL and class balance are not your Classic server base player. They are the players with no intention of extended Classic play. That's not saying they're a bad thing. They are the group that will have a quick nostalgic fix, and once satisfied will be gone.

Understanding this is vitally important for the success of the Classic server, because should class balance, QoL, or anything "not Vanilla" be implemented you will find your base back on the private servers from which they came. What will be left is an empty server, because you catered to the players who didn't sign the petition. Who didn't play on private servers. Who were not a part of the Classic movement.

Please understand that I am not saying these players are bad. I am just saying they are not your Classic server audience. Your Classic server base majority players see Classic WoW as a historical piece of art. Due to its significance in gaming history they believe it should be treated as such and preserved with all its glory, and all its flaws; for better or for worse. That is your base. They are your Classic community, and they are why WoW Classic will soon be a reality. Give your base what they want. Give them pure Vanilla.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#6 - Nov. 15, 2017, 5:14 a.m.
Blizzard Post
11/14/2017 08:40 PMPosted by Icosiol
In response to your blue posts.

I believe you are absolutely correct that it is important to have the discussion of class balance, and QoL. You drew a correct conclusion that more Classic players desire no changes, and a more pure 1.1 server. I really hope the developing Classic dev team understands this, because that is your majority, and base of players who will stay for the long term. Not all, but most of those who want QoL and class balance are not your Classic server base player. They are the players with no intention of extended Classic play. That's not saying they're a bad thing. They are the group that will have a quick nostalgic fix, and once satisfied will be gone.

Understanding this is vitally important for the success of the Classic server, because should class balance, QoL, or anything "not Vanilla" be implemented you will find your base back on the private servers from which they came. What will be left is an empty server, because you catered to the players who didn't sign the petition. Who didn't play on private servers. Who were not a part of the Classic movement.

Please understand that I am not saying these players are bad. I am just saying they are not your Classic server audience. Your Classic server base majority players see Classic WoW as a historical piece of art. Due to its significance in gaming history they believe it should be treated as such and preserved with all its glory, and all its flaws; for better or for worse. That is your base. They are your Classic community, and they are why WoW Classic will soon be a reality. Give your base what they want. Give them pure Vanilla.

This is one of the most well worded "I disagree" 's I've seen on the forums and I've been on here for 11 years.

We are by no way saying that "changes are happening" the importance of it was that a discussion is not inherently to be dismissed and there is reasoning for having it. The entire project is going to have community weigh in on how things should evolve and we hope that we can adhere to what you guys are expecting. Please continue to voice your feedback and discuss.

Its late though so I'm hopping off and watching some more of this Project 60 madness :)