Vanilla Means Vanilla

#1 - Nov. 9, 2017, 3:07 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I'm really excited and happy that we're finally getting classic/legacy/vanilla servers (use whatever term you see fit) but can we understand that Vanilla means Vanilla.

I'm seeing tons of posts on the internet of people who claim to want vanilla but really want vanilla with a wafer and some chocolate source. Why? People want vanilla. Some want Vanilla to relive those moments while I want to play Vanilla as I started in Wrath of the Lich King so I've not experienced it but it sounds exciting.

There shouldn't be a dungeon finder or a raid finder. There shouldn't be class balance changes. Mounts should be both expensive and unlocked at level 40/60. They shouldn't add extra content or difficulties to the game. Newer classes, specs and races shouldn't be implemented. The graphics should stay the same. You get the idea.

People want to play Vanilla as Vanilla and just Vanilla. If you want your extra flavours and toppings, play on the live servers. It's been such a battle for the classic/vanilla/legacy community for Blizzard to actually commit to official servers for the original game and already there is a section of the community looking to take a collective dump on these people by having the older game watered down with the same changes that started turning people away.

Finally, it's important to remember that this isn't a new game but rather we're revisiting an older one. Imagine if Nintendo started making game design changes to the titles that were shipped with the NES Classic, people would be upset by this as it's not the original game.

I'm very excited for the eventual release of World of Warcraft: Classic and I look forward to seeing you all playing the original game as it was back in 2004-2006.
Forum Avatar
Forum Moderator
#15 - Nov. 9, 2017, 4:19 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Alright folks, this has gone way off the rails. Please keep it civil in your next conversation about the topic.