Argus *needs* to unlock for alts

#1 - Sept. 13, 2017, 3:36 a.m.
Blizzard Post
I'm disappointed. This is an alt, I didn't touch Argus or even aboard the vindicaar until today with her because I wanted to finish everything on my main first.

So I take her there, and yes I can use the Netherlight Crucible - so that's cool

BUT I cannot do
-Greater Invasions
-World Quests *at all*

I mean, this really means far, far less play time from me.

The quest chain through Argus was incredibly boring, on top of the fact I like healers & only have 1 spec(healer).

I refuse to do ANY QUESTS on alts..... I would of done some World Quests/Greater Invasions, but I REFUSE to unlock the zones on alts.

I have 9 @ 110 with 3 more classes on the way, this is garbage.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#473 - Sept. 28, 2017, 12:24 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Hey everyone!

It looks like the original hotfix didn't work as expected so we hotfixed the hotfix and we've just pushed that live. So it should show up momentarily if you aren't seeing it already :)

If there's still any problems please let us know.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#562 - Sept. 29, 2017, 8:43 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Hey guys!

We've been seeing the feedback on it for the other zones and I'll see if I can get some additional clarification on why just one zone's World Quests are unlocked. The current expectation is to unlock them all so you can complete the Emissary quests, but I get that's frustrating to go through the campaign multiple times.

We had previously talked about it before and it was due to a lot of the World Quests being locked behind the story quests that unlock each area and characters in that area.

09/28/2017 08:27 PMPosted by Aehl
And , to be blunt. what we are asking for is what was stated in the Q and A. Blizzard set the expectation, has not delivered on that expectation and as yet, we are still to receive any communication as to what the hell is going on.

I understand your frustration here. I get it from the having alts perspective, however spreading misinformation is not helpful. It was never actually said all of the world quests would be account wide. In the Q&A Ion elaborated on what would and what wouldn't and stated the intentions behind it. He specifically noted that World Quests may be account wide, however the vast majority would not be as it didn't make sense to have something account wide for a character that couldn't access the area or quests yet. He called out that characters still needed to go through the story to unlock those.

Luckily this doesn't take too much effort in Argus and its quite quick to unlock all of the World Quests. Compared to previous patches and expansions this is actually very doable on alts, much easier than previous campaigns.

That being said, I understand that doing it multiple times is still an issue. We'll see if we can get some more insight to this and pass along some more of the feedback we're seeing here.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#588 - Sept. 30, 2017, 12:50 a.m.
Blizzard Post
09/29/2017 03:54 PMPosted by Aehl
I have asked this and I ask it again: is this intended or despite Ions words, are we to be forced to do the entire thing on each and every alt?
Which of Ion's words are you referencing? Can you provide a link to a quote or a point in the live Q&A where he said words that confirm that all World Quests across Argus will be unlocked account-wide?