Argus wildlife questions/inconsistencies

#1 - Aug. 1, 2017, 8:26 p.m.
Blizzard Post
So like did the Draenei bring the Talbuks/Elekks to Draenor with them?

Because I can't see any other way that 2 planets so far apart could possibly have the same animal living on it.

Same with the new mana-rays coming in 7.3... Blizz said they are distant relatives of the Nether-Rays from TBC... so again did the Draenei bring those with them to Draenor?

The only other explanation is that Blizz is unimaginative and didn't want to come up with distinct Flaura/Fauna for Argus. (which is sad since I always hoped Argus would be this place full of things we have never seen in this game before)
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#40 - Aug. 2, 2017, 6:10 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Yeah, as other's have said Talbuk are native to Argus. When the Draenei fled Argus and ended up on Draenor they brought some Talbuk with them.

As far as I can tell in current lore, Elekk are native to Draenor and were domesticated while the Draenei were in their refuge there, but I can't find too much out there on this, so I'll check and see.

Titans did have heavy influence on those worlds though, so it's possible they could be native to multiple planets.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#44 - Aug. 2, 2017, 6:25 p.m.
Blizzard Post
08/02/2017 11:20 AMPosted by Pandocalypse
08/02/2017 11:10 AMPosted by Ornyx
Yeah, as other's have said Talbuk are native to Argus. When the Draenei fled Argus and ended up on Draenor they brought some Talbuk with them.

As far as I can tell in current lore, Elekk are native to Draenor and were domesticated while the Draenei were in their refuge there, but I can't find too much out there on this, so I'll check and see.

Titans did have heavy influence on those worlds though, so it's possible they could be native to multiple planets.

As far as history/movement of peoples go, that sort of Columbian exchange is pretty realistic. All sorts of species have moved around our planet just by hitching rides on boats, either on the hull or in the cargo hold or even being deliberately brought over.

In that same vein, its not unrealistic to think that rats/squirrels etc... may have hopped worlds when the portals were opened (such as the Orcish invasion).

Edit: Heck, there's a legitimate concern in NASA about bacteria hitching rides on spacecraft between Earth/Mars and that's why they can't just drive a rover over to take a look at the water on Mars and test for life - there's still a very realistic chance of earthly contamination.
Now I can't get the image of an Elekk hitchhiking on the outside of the Exodar out of my head.