The Nithogg Not-fix

#1 - June 27, 2017, 9:45 p.m.
Blizzard Post
So,

As I am sure other Fury Warriors who jumped at the opportunity to get their Skull of Nithogg from ToV following today's tweet have experienced, despite the skull being 100% off of Nithogg himself (Who hasn't spawned since January) it is not guaranteed from Odyn. Six Fury Warriors were in my group, none of them left with any of the needed pieces of the hidden appearance.

Look, I get what Blizzard was trying to do. Perhaps give an alternative method to getting the abysmally frustrating Skull given that we have to rely on the RNG of boss spawns to get it. But answering that by making it so we have a WEEKLY lockout chance to get it off of Odyn isn't a resolution. It's meaning that we still have to wait the same amount of time for the same amount of RNG and the same amount of frustration.

The Soultakers drops are 100%, Levantus' drop is 100%, and we've waited long enough for our boss that -should- be 100% even after the hotfix. You want to make it harder? Restrict it to Normal and up. Constantly making us suffer through RNG isn't fun at all. I don't like logging onto my Warrior every Tuesday to be disappointed, and now I get to do the same thing every time I kill Odyn and that isn't fun at all.

Until the boss spawning or drop rate is fixed, I might have to start applying RNG to my subscription and see how you like it, Blizzard. :\
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#21 - June 27, 2017, 11:22 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Heya,

The recent hotfix we've implemented is something we were planning to make in the future, but we've moved it forward into 7.2.5 as a small quality of life change. As a note with this, the current logic behind the new drops from Odyn is the same as other appearance drops from raids.

We know that this does not solve the problem of Nithogg not spawning recently, and we realize that's an outstanding issue. In an upcoming patch, we will be moving World Bosses to a set spawn rotation from the current random spawn rotation, which should help avoid this issue in the future.