I'm Sorry, but SCREW LFR

#1 - June 27, 2017, 4:51 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I'm not a person who raids much, or a person who has much time to play these days, but the catering to casuals needs to stop. I consider myself a casual (playing for like 7 hours weekly on average), but giving everyone quick and easy rewards through the latest RF raid is bad.

This was the same problem I had before 7.2! I don't want to do Raid Finder, but since the best items in WQ are 860+ and I have to go up five levels in Mythic + to get 885 gear, giving people 885+ in ToS LFR really is bugging me.

You guys always downvote, claiming that 'you don't have to do LFR if you don't want to' or that 'the game gives greater rewards for greater play', but this is outrageous. Now, in order to keep up on the gear treadmill, I feel PRESSURED to do LFR even though the distaste I have for it is overwhelming.

It's a tool to help people see the content they paid for and to teach people the mechaincs, that's what Raid Finder should ONLY be used for. Stop trying to make people feel special and relevent through it. Having it help people gear up through it is horrible and fosters a player base of people who don't wanna get better. If they don't, then fine, but their gear shouldn't be top notch.

So go ahead and troll me, lambast me or whatever.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#105 - June 27, 2017, 9:43 p.m.
Blizzard Post
06/27/2017 09:59 AMPosted by Milibeth
06/27/2017 09:57 AMPosted by Coldslab
I'm not trying to be patronizing or anything but it would seem to me that LFR is designed for someone like you. (IE. "not a person who raids much", "playing for 7 hours weekly on average")

By your own admission you don't raid much, so why should it bother you that those that participate in LFR have gear that is LFR caliber? If you wanted to avoid the "gear treadmill", couldn't you do mythic+?

I love doing Mythic+. I've tried RF before and didn't like it as much as normal mode. It's something I DON'T want to do, which is often an arguement used against Anti-LFR people. However, with cutting edge gear, I feel pressured to do it to be relevent. If it were gear like 870 to 880 in ToS LFR, I wouldn't have this problem.
I do have to agree with the post you're quoting. I don't think high-end mythic+ dungeons are designed for someone with such a limited amount of playtime, whereas Raid Finder is.

I don't mean this to sound harsh, but you're basically refusing to participate in, what most consider, relatively easy content as a means to upgrade your gear.

Raids have always been and will continue to be the cutting-edge end-game content providing the best gear. This isn't a new concept, and Mythic+ just provides a means to achieve a similar* end at a broader scope with less commitment to raid schedules.

I don't think people are here to troll or lambaste you on purpose, you're just a part of a community where a vast majority of people do LFR, even if just for gear, but yet you say you refuse to do it. I'm not sure what you're expecting here.