Would blizz mind if I quit?

#0 - Jan. 6, 2010, 5:36 a.m.
Blizzard Post
"I'm genuinely curious if blizzard would ever notice or ever care if I quit world of warcraft.

I've played the game for years and enjoyed it but it's time for me to move on as the game has become too casual for my taste. Hard modes just don't cut it for me, pvp ruins my pve enjoyment when they adjust the game because kids cry something is op, and I simply disagree with the direction Blizzard is taking World of Warcraft away from traditional role playing games... i.e. dumbing it down for the console crowds. Blizzard quality will always be the best but I'm willing to sacrifice quality in a lesser mmorpg if it means I can trust in the company to have a vision that's fun for the dedicated player, and not just weekend warriors.

Bornakk said it best when asked by players "why was lady deathwhisper nerfed?" and Bornakk's reply being "A lot of players killed Lady Deathwhisper, but a lot of people also struggled with it which wasn't the intent."

According to him nothing about the game is suppose to be a struggle or it will be nerfed... but I enjoy to be challenged on several levels and not just how fast can I blow all my cooldowns to burst down any particular boss. That's the nail in the coffin for me and I wonder if blizzard would care at all I'm quitting. I'm sure the forum posters will not, but the intent of this thread to is see if blizzard does."

=Edit=
I'm adding this to my original post because some players are missing the reply and keep replying to the original post

I posted this thread for one of my best friends on my server. He is unable himself because he was one of the many who protested killing the great lore icons back in TBC such as Illidan and Kael and we all know what happens when you question blizzard's "vision". He's a very impassioned person about a great deal of things and in his own words, "Shouldn't players be raiding ME by now with all the junk and epics I've collected?" Glancing at this thread he noticed several questioning this characters experience and achievements so he gave me permission to let you look up his armory and achievements. Feel free to look up Trisian on my server. He left his guild out of lack of desire to raid, and has not even bothered with ICC content due to boredom and reading the fights are just the same old dps lootbang. I agree with him "Hard Mode" encounters bring almost nothing new to the table and just require higher periods of burst damage. I'm glad some find that appealing but for him and my own main, we both burned out pretty quick on that same'ole song and dance. Anyways I hope this clears up a few things for some and there is a great discussion going on so please continue.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Blackwater+Raiders&n=Trisian

His reply to Crygil: "I appreciate the fact a blizzard rep did take the time to "officially" say they would mind if I quit. At least it shows they have compassionate staff members to monitor how players react to their own perception of what's "fun" about world of warcraft and take action to rationalize it for the players. What Bornakk said about Deathwhisper being "a struggle" for some and "not the intent" really tugged at the strings of my heart as a lore loving raider in a bad way. It makes me not even want to bother with the content because everyone will be half asleep due to how monotone the encounters are. All these things add up to my perception of what is fun or not. It's the reason I'm taking a break from wow in a nut shell. Thank you again for letting me know you "DO" mind. We all matter honestly. As one poster put it, we are the guild leaders, the group builders, the lore followers, and capitol city defenders. We care more than we should. You should too."

#20 - Jan. 6, 2010, 6:32 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Of course we would mind if you quit. We value each and every one of our customers and every change we make to the game is intended to make the player experience more enjoyable to our customer base. That said, Bornakk has stated our reasons for changing this one event quite well. It does not make sense for us to remove the challenge from the game and that is not our intention. However, sometimes we set the bar for some encounters too high at the outset. We, then, must adjust for that to make certain that the experience isn't a roadblock to players who we think should be getting past it. This was the case with Lady Deathwhisper. The key phrase in Bornakk's statement is "which wasn't the intent". We never intended for Lady Deathwhisper to be as difficult as she was, thus she was adjusted to be more in line with our expectations. Even in her current state, there are still players who will find it a very difficult encounter. That does not mean that there will not be more challenging encounters. To the contrary, soon a whole new level of play will be available to those who wish to test their mettle!