Fenryr Hotfix.

#1 - April 13, 2017, 6:32 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Why allow some of the playerbase to cheese this tame, and others have to solo a boss meant for 5 players?
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#14 - April 13, 2017, 5:45 p.m.
Blizzard Post
04/13/2017 06:51 AMPosted by Jankøvic
04/12/2017 11:32 PMPosted by Rachit
Why allow some of the playerbase to cheese this tame, and others have to solo a boss meant for 5 players?
'Cause that would be fun, an' we all know that Blizzy ain't about fun; it's 'bout makin' the macaroons.
I don't really think 'fun' is the word you're looking for here - people love to scream that we've removed 'fun' from the game when there's a bug that's fixed and then things take a bit of effort, and this really just perpetuates negativity in the community.

Doing a 5-man dungeon and then taking advantage of a broken spawn doesn't really scream 'fun'. It was a cool way around the challenge, sure, but on both sides it wasn't exciting - getting Fenryr was the point of excitement, and that is still possible, so let's try to be sensible.

---

For clarification - the soft reset method was a bug, which has now been fixed, and the intended method of taming Fenryr is to complete this challenge solo.

As others have said, it would be silly to remove those who already obtained the pet, especially when early adopters didn't necessarily realize that the method was unintended, so we have no plans to do so.

Best of luck to all those trying to obtain Fenryr!
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#26 - April 13, 2017, 6:55 p.m.
Blizzard Post
<span class="truncated">...</span>I don't really think 'fun' is the word you're looking for here - people love to scream that we've removed 'fun' from the game when there's a bug that's fixed and then things take a bit of effort, and this really just perpetuates negativity in the community.

Doing a 5-man dungeon and then taking advantage of a broken spawn doesn't really scream 'fun'. It was a cool way around the challenge, sure, but on both sides it wasn't exciting - getting Fenryr was the point of excitement, and that is still possible, so let's try to be sensible.

---

For clarification - the soft reset method was a bug, which has now been fixed, and the intended method of taming Fenryr is to complete this challenge solo.

As others have said, it would be silly to remove those who already obtained the pet, especially when early adopters didn't necessarily realize that the method was unintended, so we have no plans to do so.

Best of luck to all those trying to obtain Fenryr!
For those who haven't tried it yet, could you clarify whether we need to solo the whole dungeon, or just Hymdall / Fenryr?

Also, appreciate the feedback.
Just through Hymdall and Fenryr, from my understanding. I can double check on this.