Monk Legendary Feedback

#1 - March 15, 2017, 5:14 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Patch 7.2 PTR - Build 23758

The changes going into the latest ptr 7.2 build are.

Eye of Collidus the Warp-Watcher - Now stacks up to 50 times. Each time Soothing Mist heals, the absorb amount of your next Life Cocoon is increased by 3%, up from 1%.

Drinking Horn Cover - The duration of Storm, Earth, and Fire is reduced by 0.4 seconds (was 0.6 seconds) for every Chi you spend.

Hidden Master's Forbidden Touch - Now also increases Touch of Death’s damage by 40%.

Katsuo's Eclipse - Reduce the cost of Fists of Fury by 1 Chi (was 2 Chi).

Ei'thas, Lunar Glides of Eramas - Redesigned. Uplifting Trance increases your Vivify healing by an additional 20% and causes it to heal 1 additional target.

The Emperor's Capacitor Chi spenders increase the damage of your next Crackling Jade Lightning by 50% 100% and reduce its cost by 5%, stacking up to 20 times.

Ovyd's Winter Wrap - Redesigned slightly. Each time Enveloping Mist heals, its healing bonus has a 50% chance to spread to an injured ally within 30 yards.

Lunar Glide - Redesigned. Uplifting Trance increases your Vivify healing by an additional 20% and causes it to heal 1 additional target.

I'd like to specifically focus on the wind walker legendaries. Everyone feel free to comment and give feedback on the MW changes and the lack of Brm changes.

Now Katsuo's Eclipse. These boots are a god send they add wiggle room to the rotation making potential mistakes much less impactful by allowing you to use a single tigerpalm to get an FoF going all while speeding up our aoe allowing us to tag additional mobs and cast SCK more frequently. It's obvious to see why these boots deserved the BiS spot and as such are quite powerful and ahead of the other legendaries. I believe reducing these boots to a 1 chi reduction is the correct choice however to compensate the base cost of FoF needs to be reduced to 2 chi. Winder walkers do not need a damage nerf, this legendary was not performing in such a way that it increased wind walker significantly further than any other class, the only problem with Katsuo's is in the legendary pool.

The difference in using 3 chi to 1 chi is a drastic change of playstyle and mindset whilst playing. At 3 chi cost we are forced to look 30 seconds ahead with very little wiggle room as making a mistake could mean delaying FoF an additional 3+ seconds depending on energy regen, it's much more with zero energy. At one chi cost it opens up a less punishing and over all funner experience, speeding up the rotation without adding any haste and allow us to make use of the T19 2 set bonus without it being a burden. The difference is night and day to which I believe is an additional reason for blizzard nerfing the boots but I want to express that the 1 chi playstyle is a much nicer experience. I found myself constantly questioning if I was playing incorrectly when I was without the boots, with them everything just fits, all the cogs aligned and I am having a blast.

One of the reasons I dislike playing PvP is going back to a 3 chi spender and I believe it's overall best for the windwalker spec to have a base cost of 2 chi with Katsuo's reducing it back to 1. The 3 chi cost is too restricting, with tigerpalm giving 2 chi it just makes sense that FoF would also cost 2 chi as going through 3 globals because of our mastery and combo strikes does not feel right. This change would align the mindset needed whilst playing as currently having a 3 chi cost reduced to 2 still leads to quite the large change in play style but without the extra wiggle room for making mistakes or making good use an an extra BoK.

As for Drinking Horn Cover I can see that with the new artefact talent split personality reducing SEF's cd it would become quite strong but nerfing it for those who have it as one of their few legendaries should not happen. It will take a while for most to fill out the new talents and for the time being it's a straight nerf.

In cases where a legendary isn't pushing a class significantly ahead of the others then I don't believe it should be nerfed. Buff the rest.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#5 - March 15, 2017, 11:06 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Patch 7.2 PTR - Build 23758

The changes going into the latest ptr 7.2 build are.

Eye of Collidus the Warp-Watcher - Now stacks up to 50 times. Each time Soothing Mist heals, the absorb amount of your next Life Cocoon is increased by 3%, up from 1%.

Drinking Horn Cover - The duration of Storm, Earth, and Fire is reduced by 0.4 seconds (was 0.6 seconds) for every Chi you spend.

Hello! Can you show me from where you copied this? In your OP here, I see some things that I edited/formatted, and some things I didn't. It looks like it might be from Wowhead, but I just looked at Wowhead and there are some differences.

Thank you!