Why not call Flanking Strike Kill Command?

#1 - Nov. 9, 2015, 6:24 a.m.
Blizzard Post
I just wanted to come here and let out a bit of my frustration regarding the current preview of the survival hunter skill, Flanking Strike. It carries the exact same description as Kill Command, why even bother renaming it?

Kill Command is the sole reason I hated how BM hunters have felt the past couple expansions. Its a skill which simply feels unimpactful. There is no great visual indication of the skill going off, and at best its often awkward to use regarding line of sight issues.

I was hoping to see a really cool "coordinated strike" atttack where you and your pet would both perform visiually impactful attacks on the target simultaneously, or something to that effect. Not just a literal copy paste of kill command.

I really hope you guys take this into consideration, I'd be very surprised if you did let the attack go live as it currently is, but if you were planning on it...please..please think again.

That skill really bores me to use.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#7 - Nov. 9, 2015, 10:13 p.m.
Blizzard Post
We've updated the description of Flanking Strike in the preview: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/19911277

• Flanking Strike
    • 20 Focus, Melee Range, Instant, 6 sec cooldown
    • You and your pet attack the target simultaneously, each dealing strong damage.
    • If the target is attacking you, your pet's attack will deal 50% increased damage and threat. If not, your attack will deal 50% increased damage.