Responding to the Blue Post

#1 - Aug. 25, 2016, 12:34 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I did not add this to the post made by Ornyx, Let's Talk-Hunter Feedback, because that post is for listing the issues the hunter community are now having.

While I am not trying to play devil's advocate, nor do I in any way condone the fact that we went so long without any response at all from Blizzard, the point remains that we now have had a blue response, and I am concerned with the negative impact that posts that are not actually addressing the issue may have.

I am seeing so many comments on there that are simply showing frustration and anger over the fact that the blue post was so long in coming. All you have to do is read some of my previous comments to know that I have suffered the very same frustration that every other hunter has in feeling like we were simply being ignored. But going onto the blue post just to ask why it took so long, or to complain that it is too little, too late is simply going to derail the use we might be able to get out of the chance to actually post our concerns to someone who is listening.

Is it a PR move? possibly. Will it help in time for launch? no, it cannot. Will it help with Blizzard trying to get these issues sorted soon? we can hope.

I have no doubt I could find at least 100 comments in the last 5 days alone that were saying 'Blizzard, please respond". Well, they have. It might not be when we knew they needed to, and it might not make things better by the time we log on tomorrow, but we have a response. We have been given the indication that they are listening that so many of us have been asking for.

Sometimes the saying 'Better late than never' does hold true, and I believe in this instance we should take this for what it is....the chance we have been asking for to voice our concerns to someone who may actually be able to do anything about it.

So please, go post your concerns about why you are not happy with the condition of hunter, but please try to be cordial about it, and not let it slip into accusations and anger. Ornyx undoubtedly has only done what he was told to do, when he was told to do it, and taking our frustration out on them will serve no purpose.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#30 - Aug. 25, 2016, 6:20 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I want to reiterate that we HAVE been reading feedback and comments from all classes, and we realize the concerns that have been laid out. Just because we don't make changes you may ask for does not necessarily mean that we are not listening and reading what you write.

For me, this was a chance to reach out one final time prior to Legion's launch next week. I am not making promises of changes here, and I wouldn't expect major overhalls prior to launch by any means*, but that doesn't mean we won't have a talk with the developers and, at the very least, get their opinions on some of the feedback laid out here.

*This is me being transparent