[ RAID BUG ] Sapphiron Very Difficult

#0 - Jan. 31, 2009, 10:21 p.m.
Blizzard Post
This is aimed at the developers and game designers, who have @%#!ed up major-mo yet again with this patch. Not sure if it was INTENDED, that's the thing, as nothing was mentioned.

Sapphirons frost aura has been GREATLY increased in 10 man Naxx. I have never, ever had any problems with Sapphiron pre patch, and the guild actually 1 shot him 10 man several times, and i personally have done the fight a few times at 25 man.

The aura, with 130 frost resistance on all (Aura / Totem) does 927 - 1000 damage per tick. Insane. He is meant to do far, far less than this. (about 400 actually)
We are having to take 4 healers instead of 3 and have everyone frost resistance capped to get through this fight. It is absolutely bonkers.

Cleave is doing more damage, and drain is now doing about 30% more O.T.
Check my armory before flaming me about being a noob, check my heroic raid achievements, and gear. (And yes, I know I have a few crappy enchants. Poor person is poor)\

Blizzard, WTB fix, or at least ANNOUNCE IT when you make a boss considerably harder, because this boss is not entry level difficulty for ten people anymore.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
================================================================================

<< BLUE POST UPDATE >>
================================================================================

We just hotfixed Sapphiron's Frost Aura so it should do the damage that was seen previous to the 3.0.8 patch regardless of the size of the raid or your server's performance. This should be 1200 every 2 seconds in Normal, and 1600 every 2 seconds in Heroic. You'll notice that the Frost Aura debuff you have no longer has a duration that refreshes. The tooltip also incorrectly lists the damage as occuring every second. The tooltip error will be fixed the next time we make a client patch available.

We also made a hotfix for the Heroic version of Malygos to add a small amount of time from the point when Malygos lands after Vortex to when he performs his Arcane Breath. This should allow players and pets enough time to reposition behind Malygos. The Normal version already had the additional time.

DAELO -

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=14910003119&sid=1

This makes me all warm and fuzzy inside. Now the elitists can p*ss off.
#266 - Feb. 6, 2009, 10:17 a.m.
Blizzard Post
This thread might be of some interest:
http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread.html?topicId=7913212150&sid=1