Guardian spirit bug

#0 - Feb. 3, 2009, 9:21 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Hotfix for Guardian Spirit? (Doesn't properly proc the 50% Heal)
It is not an easy bug to fix because the problem described seems to happen inconsistently and smells strongly of being affected by server lag. If we can come up with a clean fix then we will hotfix. Currently we aren't sure how widespread or frequent the problem is.

I really don't think this is the case. What I have noticed is that Guardian Spirit doesn't proc when you get more than one 'killing blows' almost simultaneously. I had to use it on myself in Stratholme (vanilla one) when pulling way more mobs than I intended, and it didn't proc even in there. No, there was no lag. It procs fine WITH lag, if the person it is cast on gets hit from a single damage source.

#2 - Feb. 3, 2009, 3:19 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
What I have noticed is that Guardian Spirit doesn't proc when you get more than one 'killing blows' almost simultaneously.

You are correct. The problem indeed appears to be related to getting a second hit in (and thus killing the target) before the GS heal has a chance to be applied. We will be providing a hotfix for this bug soon.
#13 - June 11, 2009, 4:15 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
I'm still experiencing the problems with guardian spirit as described by the original poster. Last night, after my tank had died, closer inspection of the combatlog resulted in the conclusion that the spell had bugged out (tank had taken only a little more damage than he actually had HP, gs was on him about 1 second before he died from a double hit).
Thanks for your feedback, I'll see what we can find about this.